Wednesday, June 02, 2010

WSOP Triple Draw 2010

As promised, I'm back for my annual blog update coinciding with the WSOP triple draw event.

Having been away from the day-to-day grind of the poker life for a couple of years now, I've been surprised by how brutal and miserable it seems to me now. The players are rude, the house is incompetent, the chairs have caused a recurrence of my back woes, and they still charge you twenty bucks for some rubbery beef with broccoli and a bottle of water. None of this is news, I suppose, but being away from this world has made me acutely aware of its shortcomings. About a half dozen old poker friends have told me that I seem happier, more relaxed, and skinnier. It's all true!

The tournament started yesterday evening. We got 291 runners, of which 96 made it to day two. I ran my 7500 starting stack up to 30,100 over the course of day one. The winner will get $181k tomorrow night.

My starting table was tougher than average, with Ted Forrest, Hansu Chu, and three other young guys who knew what they were doing. Luckily I made a lot of hands early and had $16k by the first break. Michael Binger filled Hansu's seat to my left about halfway through the day and Scott Seiver came and sat to his left a little later. I managed to only lose three bets to Scott with 76432 vs. his wheel late in the day after we both drew one on the last draw. Overall, a pretty uneventful day. If you're only going to play one tournament a year, it's nice to run good. We'll see if I can keep it up today. There are a lot of very good triple draw players left, so table draw will be crucial. We start at 3 PM local time.

1 Comments:

OpenID shunny said...

Run good!

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter