Friday, January 25, 2008

Stars VIP

Well, well, well, I'm actually playing some poker this month. I've been working on my O8 game on Stars and have had some good short-term results.

I've also gotten myself up to "PlatinumStar" for the first time and have a bunch of FPPs I should do something with. You guys are more up on this than I am these days: what's the best thing to do with these points? I could take the cash awards, but I think the tournaments/other services may be a better value. The problem is, I don't really want to play any tournaments on Stars and I don't really want to play any televised WSOP events. Their support told me they won't buy me into the triple draw event (non-televised). I could also try to make it to Supernova this year and then use their "concierge" service, but I'm not sure I will keep up the pace required to get to Supernova. Any thoughts appreciated.

I'm also thinking about going out to LA in the next few weeks.

Who am I and what happened to the guy who hated playing poker?

6 Comments:

Blogger Lewis Cash said...

Glad you are playing some poker. Hope you continue to play/run well.

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Six9off said...

good to see you back Chris. I just looked at some of those hand histories and now I know where the dead money went to online.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Glad to see that you're back playing poker. If you decide to go back to hating it, try playing some tennis. I seem to remember that you were pretty good at it about 15 years ago....

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are a decent SNG player, the 5400 FPP single table tournament to the Sunday million is the best value. You just have to be in the top 4 out of 10 to win $215.

I enjoy your blog and hope you post more.

9:31 PM  
Blogger eric said...

VIP award bonuses are the best value. If you can make it to supernova you get a $1500 bonus for every 100k fpps. Or you get $650 for every 50k fpps just as platinum.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Mike May said...

You're still beating Shane by over 50%. But now that he's posting again... who knows. (I'm just saying you might want to think about getting back on the posting bandwagon.)

NUMBER/PERCENTAGE OF VISITS to Mike's blog BY REFERAL:
(direct) ((none))
126 41.45%
twentyoneoutstwice.blogspot.com (referral)
36 11.84%
google (organic)
27 8.88%
shaniaconline.blogspot.com (referral)
23 7.57%
cordobaeu.blogspot.com (referral)
19 6.25%

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter